Monday, June 9, 2008

Scar tissue. Fragile but holding.

June 9, 2008. Bandage change and it's windy. Things are blowing everywhere and Dani is a little spooky. She has been so obliging with letting me change her bandage that I just kneel right down next to her leg and don't think much of it. She shied to the side a couple of times when the dogs came running past and the wind was rattling things. These top two pictures were taken by my daughter, Faith. Too cute not to include. Dani is VERY inquisitive and has to have her nose, literally, into whatever is going on.
The scar tissue is soft and fragile. The wound section is very small (comparatively speaking) now and I look forward to the day when I can leave the bandage off for a little while and dirt and gunk won't get stuck in it. I won't leave her unbandaged in with the other horses for months yet, but I think she'd like to not have it on out in the grass, by herself for awhile. Imagine the freedom you would feel if you've had a bandage on 24 hours a day since February and suddenly, one day, it wasn't there anymore. I think I'll have my camera ready for that day. I anticipate some bucking and rolling.




All these pictures were taken with our little camera that was amazing when digital cameras first came out. Now, not so much. The quality isn't as good as with my other camera, but you get the idea. Oh, one more thing...this was the first time she's stood with her right leg back, instead of forward while I was changing the bandage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is looking really good, the wound looks great Lisa - its really amazing how well she is doing! And soooo exciting!