Friday, June 20, 2008

Not much going on here.

Dani is the sweetest horse around. While I LOVE all my horses, Dani is so...curious. She wants to know what I am up to, wherever I go. While the others will check out the bucket I am carrying and walk away when they realize it's gardening tools, Dani will stick around to pick something out to play with.

She has taken a liking to Belle, my daughter's pony, and hangs out with her all day. Picking at her mane, resting her head on her back, generally acting like they're best friends. It's quite cute.

No pictures of the last bandage change. Sometimes it's all about efficiency and just getting the job done. I know this sounds wacky, but I really enjoy changing her bandage. It's like Christmas every time. What part has healed more? Is she less tender in that spot? Will the wound have completely healed and the scab dropped off? It's just a wonderful moment of discovery.

Dani is beautiful, both inside and out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is looking so good. How is she walking with out the bulky padding? I am so excited she is doing good, but even more excited that you are liking her as much as you do! I would love her to be your couch buddy for life! :)
Cassie