Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Catching up on pics and a trip to the vet





A few bandage changes ago Dani's wound started getting gooier and smelling REALLY bad. I gave it a few days see if we could go in the right direction, but, to no avail. Here are pics from several days ago. I decided to hose it off since it was SO gooey and icky. I thought I might as well give her a bath too.
I tried to shave some of the hair off that keeps getting stuck in the wound. She only let me get a small amount off. It seemed very tender and painful for her, so I quit messing with it and rewrapped it.

This is a SMB instead of a traditional wrap. I had to go quickly as she has having none of this standing still bit. I threw a Telfa pad at it, wrapped some brown gauze loosely around and got the boot on. You can see even here, she wouldn't let me get the Elastikon tight. Bad pony!





After I turned her back out, she walked back to her friends and proceeded to roll.


Of course she did.





















This is Dani telling me she prefers the grunge look.






* * * * * * *



After changing the bandage again last night and smelling the nasty odor for several minutes, I decided to make a vet appointment for today. I was able to get her in at noon and the vet cleaned it up, shaved around the wound area and debrided it to, hopefully, get it to heal a little better.



Veterinary assistant, Carol, and new Intern (Resident?) Vet.




Dr. Krebs hosing off the debris.A temporary wrap to staunch the blood flow after debriding.
In the stocks, Dani, is sedated and feeling a little loopy.

* * * * * * * *


In case this isn't enough pictures for our dear readers, here are a few more I took yesterday evening. Horses were munching grass and weeds we pulled from the garden.



Smacking the root ball against Belle, the pony, to get the dirt off.

No comments: