Monday, December 14, 2009

Dani goes to a new home...

Dani left today for Granite, Oregon. She becomes the 2nd rescue we have found a home for this year. That is great news for us! Two doesn't seem like alot, but it is for our little operation and I think Dani will be very happy with the amount of mountain trail time she sees with her new family.

She is going to a lady who recently lost her mare of over 20 years. They pack into the wilderness with mules, which apparently are more likely to follow a mare than a gelding. I think this is a good fit and am hopeful for updates, and possibly even photos.

I have a good contract in place with first right of refusal as well as stipulations that seem basic to others but I have found just aren't in the world of horsepeople. You know, appropriate farrier care, vetting, that sort of thing. I think these are good horsepeople, but I have learned the hard way to have it in writing. Hard to enforce from afar, but I've done it before and I'll do it again if necessary. I don't think it will be.

Anyway, on to the other rescues, making them fat and happy. Dani is a success story.

No comments: